Newsroom

From the Blog

Aug 15, 2014
As a former elected official and Kansas cabinet member, I firmly believe it is the job of Kansas leaders to help improve the lives of all Kansas families.  And for most of my career, I have witnessed Democrats and Republicans work together to do just that even though we may not have always agreed upon the best way to strengthen Kansas families or grow our state.  But we were all motivated by a desire to help all Kansans. That is why I was shocked to learn that Rep. Lynn Jenkins sponsored legislation that pitted Kansas families against each other, taking from one group of working families to give to another.
Aug 8, 2014
This Tuesday Kansas saw its first official polling of the campaign - and the numbers were unkind to Sam Brownback. When all the votes were counted, only 63% of Kansas Republicans thought Brownback deserved to be re-elected. The remaining 37% preferred Jennifer Winn, a landscaper from Wichita who spent a total of $13,000 on her campaign.

News Articles

August 4, 2014

When it comes to campaign funds, Gov. Sam Brownback's wingman has come in handy.

Twice, Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer has produced a sizable loan to improve the appearance of Brownback's campaign finance status and related support.

On Dec. 31, 2013, Colyer loaned the governor's campaign $500,000 just before a campaign finance filing deadline. Brownback and Colyer called the loan a commitment to a better future for Kansas children, and a way to help the governor take his message to voters.

May 14, 2014

One can fault Kansas regulators for giving U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins permission to continue to identify herself in her congressional and campaign literature as a certified public accountant, even though she ceased being one when her certification expired in 2012.

It has the look of a favor, the sort of favor regulators ought to know better than to grant. That’s true even though Rep. Jenkins agreed not to perform the duties of a CPA.

May 2, 2014

You learn something new every day.

Last week, I learned the Lawrence Arts Center has a back door.

Who knew?  Well, apparently Gov. Sam Brownback, when he came to talk to this year’s Leadership Kansas class.

This was a mundane presentation, without any news value. What did make news was the governor’s tactical entrance and exit, via an alley and the Art Center’s back door. 

Press Releases

August 20, 2014

Sam Brownback and Chris Christie have a great deal in common: both have caused credit rating downgrades, both are dealing with criminal investigations of their staff and associates, and both have put their own political agendas before what’s best for the people of Kansas and New Jersey.

Now outside special interests like Gov. Christie’s Republican Governors Association are doing all they can to defend Sam Brownback’s failed leadership. But in the end there’s no defending Brownback’s failed experiment, especially by Gov. Christie who has the exact same record.

The fact is Kansas is going broke under Gov. Sam Brownback and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is the last person he should turn to for financial advice.

Subscribe

Get Connected

Flickr recent photos

DSC_8569DSC_8568DSC_8565DSC_8559DSC_8553DSC_8551

Like us on Facebook!